Marvellous Mondays #51 - It's Our First Birthday!
Happy Birthday #MarvMondays!
A year ago, Emily and I decided to team up and create a lovely little linky and so, Marvellous Mondays was born! Not only have we built it together and recruited a fabulous new co-host in the form of Fran, but we've built up a wonderful friendship and now I couldn't be without them. Of course, we also owe everything to all you wonderful linkers who link up with us each week, especially those loyal linkers who have been with us from the beginning. We'll be celebrating over the coming weeks and we're hoping to come up with some fab surprises and rewards for our featured posts and top commenters!
Sadly, another disappointing week for comments with 14 posts receiving no comments at all and lots with only 1 or 2. We're going to start keeping a more watchful eye on those who consistently don't comment as we want this linky to be fair for everyone involved and if someone is regularly not taking part, we will have to remove them. I also had to drop 2 featured posts before choosing one simply because linkers hadn't followed the rules and included the linky badge; please remember to add the badge and to comment on the minimum amount of posts or you won't be eligible to be featured the following week.
Marvellous Mondays is a place bloggers can come to share all of their best posts of the week and somewhere we can all rally together to beat the Monday blues. Hosted by myself (Kaye) and the fabulous Emily of My Petit Canard & Fran of Back with a Bump, we'll be reading, commenting and sharing all of your wonderful posts.
Our top commenter this week is Emma from Island Living 365 followed by our runner-up top commenters this week; Angela from Life, Motherhood & Everything and Amy from The Smallest of Things; thankyou all once again for taking the time to comment on so many posts.
My featured post this week is They have destroyed our home... by 3 Little Buttons; a devastating post about how their world has been turned upside down by a window company that they put their trust in. I hope Annette's post is shared widely and perhaps someone somewhere can help them solve the issues left behind by cowboy builders.
Emily's featured post this week is Life is perfect. But here’s what you didn’t see…from Petite Words who shared an endearingly honest post about what goes on behind closed doors in her life. It was a great reminder that although some times we observe others lives from the lens of their blog, Instagram, pinterest or snap feeds, we should remember that life isn’t always as picture perfect as it looks or sounds.
Fran's featured post this week is He’s Mine At Last by The Newby Tribe which was a really touching post on the bond between Cherry and her son and how much she cherishes every moment with him. One of Fran’s friends also adopted, and she knows how challenging it was at times, but from reading Cherry’s post it sounds like they are a wonderful family.
NB. IMPORTANT STUFF - HIGHLIGHTED IN PINK
1. You can link up to two posts per week. Posts can be new or old and on any topic you would like to share and promote but no linkys please. Linky opens at 6am on Monday morning and closes at 11:55pm the same day.
2. We'd love it if you could make sure you're following Emily (@MyPetitCanard), Fran (@BackWithABump_) and myself (@HelloArchie_) on Twitter - mainly to ensure we can keep up with you all and remind you of the next weeks link-up!
3. Add the Marvellous Monday's badge to the bottom of your post. It's really simple and easy to do, just copy and paste the HTML code from the badge below.
4. In true linky fashion, please share the love and comment on one of the host's posts, the post directly before yours and one other of your choosing at an absolute minimum per week. Please ensure you've completed your commenting by Friday night each week. When commenting, use the hashtag #MarvMondays so that they know how you've found their post.
5. By linking up, you are giving us permission to send you a weekly email reminder for Marvellous Mondays.
6. To be chosen as one of our featured posts, you must have commented on the minimum number of posts as laid out above, and you must have our badge present on your post or in the sidebar of your site.
Feel free to use the hashtag #MarvMondays when sharing your posts on Twitter and include either @MyPetitCanard, @BackWithABump_ or @HelloArchie_ so that we can share your marvellous posts on our own networks. Happy linking!